Falls Prevention and Management Training
Injuries from falls in older people are a major healthcare challenge, not only being stressful and debilitating for the individual, but also costly for care providers. Our Falls Prevention and Management Training course helps delegates understand why falls occur and provides effective strategies for risk assessment, prevention and management.
Falls related injuries such as fractures can cause pain, disability, loss of independence, and even death. Effective falls prevention is the key to reducing falls related injuries, improving and maintaining quality of life for individuals, and reducing costs for organisations.
Training can be arranged at your premises on an agreed date to suit you. Contact us for details.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to provide a quality service that has safety of clients and staff at its core.
Intended Learning Outcome
- Work to national and local guidelines, quality standards and policies.
- Analyse the impact of falls and fractures on individuals and organisations.
- Identify falls risk factors and how to prevent and manage those risks.
- Identify individuals at risk of falls and complete assessments.
- Provide appropriate falls management and interventions including exercise, signposting and onward referrals.
- Examine the use of assistive technology in the prevention and management of falls.
- Determine innovative ways of working to improve quality and safety.
This training is designed for individuals and organisations who provide services for older and vulnerable people at risk of falls and fractures. It is suitable for:
- Health professionals
- Care home staff
- Social care staff
- Other statutory and private/voluntary organisations
No specific pre-requisites required.